Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 3:27 pm
Arizona Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb on injured ribs: 'They feel good'
Kolb suffered rib and shoulder injuries, and has only recently returned to the practice field in a limited capacity.
With his health improving, though, people are starting to wonder when he'll be ready take the field again.
"They feel good," he said of his ribs. "I think the biggest thing is what level can I actually go and play at right now.
"That's what I'm trying to work through, is getting all the way back to, I can't say 100 percent, but trying to get back to where velocity is there and all that kind of stuff."
Kolb passed for 1,169 yards and eight touchdowns with just three interceptions this season, guiding the Cardinals to a 3-2 record as a starter.
The Cardinals have not won since he went down, though, and with the team's continued struggles at the quarterback position, the hope is he'll be able to return in the very near future.
That will not happen until he -- or at least, his ribs -- can handle the beating that comes with being an NFL quarterback.
"There's a number of certain things that bother it," Kolb said of the injury. "And it's not just bothering it, but it's affecting my performance."
When that is not the case you can expect to see Kolb back on the field. However, there is no set date or time frame for when that will happen, and it's worth noting he would not rule out being able to go Sunday against the Jets.
"We're not sure yet, it's open-ended," he said, adding that was about to talk with the training staff to get their thoughts on his progression.
"It obviously hurts where the injury happened, but I wouldn't say it's necessarily a pain thing that you can't play through," he added. "Is it healed enough to take that shot without re-breaking it or whatever.
"And like I said, going out there and being able to play at a high level."
- Patrick Peterson's new contact compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b