Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 3:27 pm
Arizona Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb on injured ribs: 'They feel good'
Kolb suffered rib and shoulder injuries, and has only recently returned to the practice field in a limited capacity.
With his health improving, though, people are starting to wonder when he'll be ready take the field again.
"They feel good," he said of his ribs. "I think the biggest thing is what level can I actually go and play at right now.
"That's what I'm trying to work through, is getting all the way back to, I can't say 100 percent, but trying to get back to where velocity is there and all that kind of stuff."
Kolb passed for 1,169 yards and eight touchdowns with just three interceptions this season, guiding the Cardinals to a 3-2 record as a starter.
The Cardinals have not won since he went down, though, and with the team's continued struggles at the quarterback position, the hope is he'll be able to return in the very near future.
That will not happen until he -- or at least, his ribs -- can handle the beating that comes with being an NFL quarterback.
"There's a number of certain things that bother it," Kolb said of the injury. "And it's not just bothering it, but it's affecting my performance."
When that is not the case you can expect to see Kolb back on the field. However, there is no set date or time frame for when that will happen, and it's worth noting he would not rule out being able to go Sunday against the Jets.
"We're not sure yet, it's open-ended," he said, adding that was about to talk with the training staff to get their thoughts on his progression.
"It obviously hurts where the injury happened, but I wouldn't say it's necessarily a pain thing that you can't play through," he added. "Is it healed enough to take that shot without re-breaking it or whatever.
"And like I said, going out there and being able to play at a high level."
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.