Updated Nov 27, 2012 - 2:11 pm
Cardinals Horton on Peter King's list of hot assistants
Every week King issues his Monday Morning Quarterback column which is, quite simply, a must read for NFL fans everywhere.
But in the course of reading his 8,500-word epic, maybe missed the fact that King has listed his "top ten NFL assistants who will get sniffs for head coaching jobs in the league next year."
Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton showed up on the list -- at number eight.
It's somewhat surprising that Horton is that low on the list. The St. Louis Rams interviewed Horton last offseason for their vacant head coaching job before choosing Jeff Fisher for the post.
And despite Arizona's current seven-game losing streak, Horton's defense has been the strong point of the team, ranking seventh in the league in yardage allowed and 11th in points allowed.
Interestingly, another familiar name appears on the list ahead of Horton. Former ASU head coach Dirk Koetter, now the offensive coordinator of the Atlanta Falcons, appears at number five.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?