Updated Nov 27, 2012 - 2:11 pm
Cardinals Horton on Peter King's list of hot assistants
Every week King issues his Monday Morning Quarterback column which is, quite simply, a must read for NFL fans everywhere.
But in the course of reading his 8,500-word epic, maybe missed the fact that King has listed his "top ten NFL assistants who will get sniffs for head coaching jobs in the league next year."
Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton showed up on the list -- at number eight.
It's somewhat surprising that Horton is that low on the list. The St. Louis Rams interviewed Horton last offseason for their vacant head coaching job before choosing Jeff Fisher for the post.
And despite Arizona's current seven-game losing streak, Horton's defense has been the strong point of the team, ranking seventh in the league in yardage allowed and 11th in points allowed.
Interestingly, another familiar name appears on the list ahead of Horton. Former ASU head coach Dirk Koetter, now the offensive coordinator of the Atlanta Falcons, appears at number five.
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 19
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald back at practice, must pass one more test to play
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tony Jefferson 'fired up' about opportunity to play in must-win game
- Arizona Cardinals running back Andre Ellington: Coach Arians 'using me at perfect times'
- ProFootballFocus: Cardinals' Andre Ellington excels after contact, Rashard Mendenhall not so much
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 19The Cardinals found a way to beat the Titans on Sunday.
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday December 19The challenge of playing in Seattle and how he is happy Coach Arians has his back.
- Warren Moon, Seahawks Color Analyst - Thursday December 19Warren Moon, Seahawks Color Analyst
- Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo - Tuesday December 17Cardinal Wide Receiver Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday December 17A love/hate relationship with NFL kickers