Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 2:47 pm
Cardinals C Lyle Sendlein out for season with knee injury
The injury happened in the first quarter of Sunday's 31-17 loss to the St. Louis Rams.
Cardinals confirm C Lyle Sendlein to miss rest of season w torn MCL in L knee; had started 80 straight since taking over spot in ‘08— MarkDalton (@CardsMarkD) November 26, 2012
Sendlein, in his sixth season with the Cardinals, has started the last 80 games for Arizona, a streak that began in 2008. He's been a stalwart in the middle of a line that has seen constant change around him.
According to AZCardinals.com, veteran Rich Ohrnberger is the team's backup center.
Sendlein is the third starting offensive lineman to go down with an injury this season. Tackles Levi Brown and Jeremy Bridges were injured in the preseason.
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.