Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 2:47 pm
Cardinals C Lyle Sendlein out for season with knee injury
The injury happened in the first quarter of Sunday's 31-17 loss to the St. Louis Rams.
Cardinals confirm C Lyle Sendlein to miss rest of season w torn MCL in L knee; had started 80 straight since taking over spot in ‘08— MarkDalton (@CardsMarkD) November 26, 2012
Sendlein, in his sixth season with the Cardinals, has started the last 80 games for Arizona, a streak that began in 2008. He's been a stalwart in the middle of a line that has seen constant change around him.
According to AZCardinals.com, veteran Rich Ohrnberger is the team's backup center.
Sendlein is the third starting offensive lineman to go down with an injury this season. Tackles Levi Brown and Jeremy Bridges were injured in the preseason.
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.