Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 2:47 pm
Cardinals C Lyle Sendlein out for season with knee injury
The injury happened in the first quarter of Sunday's 31-17 loss to the St. Louis Rams.
Cardinals confirm C Lyle Sendlein to miss rest of season w torn MCL in L knee; had started 80 straight since taking over spot in ‘08— MarkDalton (@CardsMarkD) November 26, 2012
Sendlein, in his sixth season with the Cardinals, has started the last 80 games for Arizona, a streak that began in 2008. He's been a stalwart in the middle of a line that has seen constant change around him.
According to AZCardinals.com, veteran Rich Ohrnberger is the team's backup center.
Sendlein is the third starting offensive lineman to go down with an injury this season. Tackles Levi Brown and Jeremy Bridges were injured in the preseason.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest paid CB
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.