Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 2:47 pm
Cardinals C Lyle Sendlein out for season with knee injury
The injury happened in the first quarter of Sunday's 31-17 loss to the St. Louis Rams.
Cardinals confirm C Lyle Sendlein to miss rest of season w torn MCL in L knee; had started 80 straight since taking over spot in ‘08— MarkDalton (@CardsMarkD) November 26, 2012
Sendlein, in his sixth season with the Cardinals, has started the last 80 games for Arizona, a streak that began in 2008. He's been a stalwart in the middle of a line that has seen constant change around him.
According to AZCardinals.com, veteran Rich Ohrnberger is the team's backup center.
Sendlein is the third starting offensive lineman to go down with an injury this season. Tackles Levi Brown and Jeremy Bridges were injured in the preseason.
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.