Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 2:48 pm
RB Beanie Wells 'felt good' in first game back
He carried the ball 17 times for 48 yards and was the first Cardinals player to rush for two touchdowns in a single game this season.
Despite getting so much of the workload, Wells wasn't fatigued.
"I felt good. I don't think I was winded at all," Wells said. "It was just a matter of getting my football feet back underneath me."
Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt was encouraged by what he saw out of Wells.
"I think that as he gets more comfortable with the game speed, he'll be alright," Whisenhunt said. "He looked good on some of the runs."
Wells was itching to get back on the field after missing so much time.
"I haven't played in two months, so I was super excited to get back out there and sometimes I was going a little too quick," Wells said.
Whisenhunt expected this because he said Wells was "so amped up."
"There were a couple of times where he looked like he didn't have his feet underneath him," Whisenhunt said. "He broke into the second level and it looked like he was going down.
The Cardinals are set to take on the New York Jets Sunday and Wells is again expected to once again receive the bulk of the carries.
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?