Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 2:23 pm
Cards' Whiz: This is about winning
November 26, 2012: Cardinals head coach understands fans' frustration
Fifty-seven days have passed since the Cardinals last won a ballgame.
"I am pretty much lost for words now after seven weeks of saying the same thing."
That was Larry Fitzgerald Sunday.
Monday, head coach Ken Whisenhunt acknowledged the mounting frustration, especially coming from outside the locker-room.
"Well, listen, we are disappointed," he said, "and I understand the fans' frustration and disappointment. We've set the bar high by having had the success that we have had, and we aren't living up to that right now."
This is the Cardinals' second seven-game losing streak in three seasons -- sandwiched around a six-game losing streak in 2011.
The team is three years removed from its last playoff appearance and four years removed from the Super Bowl run in 2008.
"It's part of the job," Whisenhunt said after being asked about his own job security for a second straight day. "There's a lot of speculation about everything and I think you have to have thick skin."
Whisenhunt is 14-24 over his last 38 games.
A lot of the team's recent struggles can be directly attributed to the revolving door at quarterback. The Cardinals have played at least three quarterbacks in each of the past three seasons.
"I think that whenever you have change at any position there's always something that you lose, and we have had a lot of turnover," Whisenhunt said. "We have had a lot of injuries this year and that's affected us, but nobody cares. They expect you to have success. Our opponents don't care. I'll give our fans credit. They do. They have been very supportive, at least the ones in my interaction with them, but this is about winning. If you don't win games, it's tough."
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.