Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 2:23 pm
Cards' Whiz: This is about winning
November 26, 2012: Cardinals head coach understands fans' frustration
Fifty-seven days have passed since the Cardinals last won a ballgame.
"I am pretty much lost for words now after seven weeks of saying the same thing."
That was Larry Fitzgerald Sunday.
Monday, head coach Ken Whisenhunt acknowledged the mounting frustration, especially coming from outside the locker-room.
"Well, listen, we are disappointed," he said, "and I understand the fans' frustration and disappointment. We've set the bar high by having had the success that we have had, and we aren't living up to that right now."
This is the Cardinals' second seven-game losing streak in three seasons -- sandwiched around a six-game losing streak in 2011.
The team is three years removed from its last playoff appearance and four years removed from the Super Bowl run in 2008.
"It's part of the job," Whisenhunt said after being asked about his own job security for a second straight day. "There's a lot of speculation about everything and I think you have to have thick skin."
Whisenhunt is 14-24 over his last 38 games.
A lot of the team's recent struggles can be directly attributed to the revolving door at quarterback. The Cardinals have played at least three quarterbacks in each of the past three seasons.
"I think that whenever you have change at any position there's always something that you lose, and we have had a lot of turnover," Whisenhunt said. "We have had a lot of injuries this year and that's affected us, but nobody cares. They expect you to have success. Our opponents don't care. I'll give our fans credit. They do. They have been very supportive, at least the ones in my interaction with them, but this is about winning. If you don't win games, it's tough."
- Arizona Cardinals: Wins meaningless without playoffs
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Dave Pasch, Cardinals radio announcer - Friday December 13Pasch gives his thoughts on this weekend's Cardinals game against the Titans.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.