Fitzgerald still believes in Cardinals' process
Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said they are doing things the right way and doesn't question the process that leads up to Sundays.
"We're a playoff team a couple years back and there's nothing different about the preparation. His (Whisenhunt's) tempo is good, it's crisp, guys are attentive and the assignments are being executed so I don't think it has anything to do with our preparation."
This loss was especially troubling with rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley throwing four interceptions in his first NFL start, two of which were returned for touchdowns and the Cardinals not scoring a single point in the second half.
"There's a disconnect when we get out there on the field Sunday," said Fitzgerald. "I feel like we just take turns making mistakes offensively and offensively everybody has to be on the same page."
Speaking of that "disconnect," according to ESPN Stats and Information, Lindley was 0-for-6 with two interceptions when targeting Fitzgerald at least 15 yards downfield Sunday. All six of the incompletions resulted from off-target passes.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt tells the media weekly that he and the team believe in their process and their preparation and they will not change the way they do things leading up to gameday.
Fitz reiterated that again Sunday after the game before leaving the locker room. "We have to find a way to take what we're doing Monday through Saturday to Sunday and if we're able to do that, we'll have some success," he said.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.