Updated Nov 24, 2012 - 1:15 am
Whisenhunt: No major changes for Ryan Lindley
Lindley saw action in his first ever regular season NFL game last week against the Falcons when he replaced John Skelton early in the game when the Cardinals had a 13-0 lead.
Whisenhunt said today that despite Lindley being a rookie, he doesn't plan on shrinking the playbook for the young quarterback.
"Not necessarily for him," Whisenhunt said. "I don't think he's uncomfortable with what we're doing from a schematic standpoint or the number of plays that we have."
Lindley was 9-of-20 for 64 yards against Atlanta, and he's trying to lead an offense that's ranked No. 31 overall and No. 30 in passing.
Whisenhunt says that if there are any changes to the play-calling or the playbook, it might be more about the offense and less about the quarterback.
"I think we're trying to do better at a lot of the things we do offensively." said Whisenhunt. "I don't necessarily think scaling back is the right thing. We're trying to do the things that we do well, better, and do more of those things."
The Cardinals remember their last matchup with the Rams this season very well. Arizona was 4-0 before getting beat by St. Louis 17-3 on October 4 -- a loss that started the current six-game slide. The Rams are also trying to end a rough stretch. They are winless in their last five games.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves