Updated Nov 24, 2012 - 1:15 am
Whisenhunt: No major changes for Ryan Lindley
Lindley saw action in his first ever regular season NFL game last week against the Falcons when he replaced John Skelton early in the game when the Cardinals had a 13-0 lead.
Whisenhunt said today that despite Lindley being a rookie, he doesn't plan on shrinking the playbook for the young quarterback.
"Not necessarily for him," Whisenhunt said. "I don't think he's uncomfortable with what we're doing from a schematic standpoint or the number of plays that we have."
Lindley was 9-of-20 for 64 yards against Atlanta, and he's trying to lead an offense that's ranked No. 31 overall and No. 30 in passing.
Whisenhunt says that if there are any changes to the play-calling or the playbook, it might be more about the offense and less about the quarterback.
"I think we're trying to do better at a lot of the things we do offensively." said Whisenhunt. "I don't necessarily think scaling back is the right thing. We're trying to do the things that we do well, better, and do more of those things."
The Cardinals remember their last matchup with the Rams this season very well. Arizona was 4-0 before getting beat by St. Louis 17-3 on October 4 -- a loss that started the current six-game slide. The Rams are also trying to end a rough stretch. They are winless in their last five games.
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Arizona Cardinals' Alex Okafor's transition to linebacker is complete
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi