Updated Nov 23, 2012 - 9:38 am
How Valley athletes spent their Thanksgiving
And in the midst of their respective grueling seasons or even offseasons, it's always interesting to see how a 'day off' is spent.
Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald will try to help Arizona snap a six-game losing streak Sunday. But that didn't keep him from giving back Thursday.
Suns rookie guard Kendall Marshall is adjusting to pro life in just his first month in the league. So with no practice on Thursday, he chose to catch up on some much-needed TV time.
Big Bang Theory season 1 and 2 for me today. oh yes #TheLife— Kendall Marshall (@KButter5) November 22, 2012
Once a kicker always a kicker for Jay Feely. Even away from the office, Feely couldn't help but feel for fellow kickers Jason Hanson and Shane Graham during the highs-and-lows of the Texans' 34-31 overtime victory.
Anyone who says kicking is easy; Shane Graham knows if he misses this kick his career may be over. That's pressure!— Jay Feely (@jayfeely) November 22, 2012
The Cardinals Calais Campbell may return Sunday after missing last week's game against the Falcons. But on Thursday, all the defensive end could think about were the fans.
Happy thanksgiving to everyone! I am thankful to be a Cardinal and have the best fans in the business cheering me on every week— Calais Campbell (@Campbell93) November 22, 2012
Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton didn't have time to keep up with any potential trade rumors. He had enough on his hands playing with his nephew.
Cardinals rookie wide receiver Michael Floyd has come a long way from his childhood days in Saint Paul, Minnesota. But when families get together, photo albums usually come out. Here's a throwback of Floyd.
And then there's Suns guard Goran Dragic. The Slovenian didn't have a traditional Thanksgiving Day feast. Instead of turkey, pumpkin pie and stuffing, Dragic opted for a more unconventional choice.
Last time I eat cotton candy I was 5 years old :) twitter.com/Goran_Dragic/s…— Goran Dragic (@Goran_Dragic) November 22, 2012
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.