Rookie Ryan Lindley excited for first NFL start
"I was excited. Just ready to go and put the work in," said Lindley when asked about getting the news of the starting job. "I'm just thankful for the opportunity and it's a blessing. I'm going to put 110% into it and make sure I'm ready to go by Sunday."
Lindley completed just 9-of-20 passes last weekend for 64 yards with no interceptions, no touchdowns and a quarterback rating of 52.9. This week he looked back at the film from Atlanta and sees some changes he can make.
"You know a lot of little things I can correct," he said. "Just being composed, getting the ball out there and letting guys run after the catch. Just little stuff that I can get down, and hopefully that comes with more reps out on the field."
Lindley, who will be making his first NFL start, says he's ready and comfortable with the offense.
"I don't really get nervous. I think more right now just getting the reps in during practice is what I want to do," he said. "I want to make sure I'm ready because if I'm prepared and ready to go, come Sunday it's just about getting it done."
The Cardinals quarterback has nowhere to go but up.
"There's nothing really to it but to just do it when I'm out there," Lindley said. "I'm going to be excited, probably going to have to take a deep breath and make sure I'm cool and calm and composed but that's going to be more excitement, not nervousness."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.