Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 5:05 pm
Rookie Ryan Lindley excited for first NFL start
"I was excited. Just ready to go and put the work in," said Lindley when asked about getting the news of the starting job. "I'm just thankful for the opportunity and it's a blessing. I'm going to put 110% into it and make sure I'm ready to go by Sunday."
Lindley completed just 9-of-20 passes last weekend for 64 yards with no interceptions, no touchdowns and a quarterback rating of 52.9. This week he looked back at the film from Atlanta and sees some changes he can make.
"You know a lot of little things I can correct," he said. "Just being composed, getting the ball out there and letting guys run after the catch. Just little stuff that I can get down, and hopefully that comes with more reps out on the field."
Lindley, who will be making his first NFL start, says he's ready and comfortable with the offense.
"I don't really get nervous. I think more right now just getting the reps in during practice is what I want to do," he said. "I want to make sure I'm ready because if I'm prepared and ready to go, come Sunday it's just about getting it done."
The Cardinals quarterback has nowhere to go but up.
"There's nothing really to it but to just do it when I'm out there," Lindley said. "I'm going to be excited, probably going to have to take a deep breath and make sure I'm cool and calm and composed but that's going to be more excitement, not nervousness."
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.