Ryan Lindley to start Sunday for Arizona Cardinals against St. Louis Rams
Coach Ken Whisenhunt announced after practice Wednesday that Ryan Lindley will start for Arizona against St. Louis Sunday.
Lindley, who saw his first game action last week against the Falcons, completed 9-of-20 passes for 64 yards in Arizona's loss in relief of John Skelton.
The decision comes as little surprise, as with Kevin Kolb still injured and Skelton ineffective, it makes sense that the coach would want to see what his sixth-round pick has to offer.
Interestingly enough, there were some who thought this was going to happen as early as training camp. Sports Illustrated's Peter King had suggested Lindley would have a shot to play by midseason, and ESPN's Ron Jaworski said back in May he believed the rookie would be a starting QB in the NFL in four years.
Looks like Lindley, who finished his collegiate career throwing for 12,690 yards with 90 touchdown passes and 47 interceptions, is a bit ahead of schedule.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.