Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 1:51 pm
Ryan Lindley to start Sunday for Arizona Cardinals against St. Louis Rams
Coach Ken Whisenhunt announced after practice Wednesday that Ryan Lindley will start for Arizona against St. Louis Sunday.
Lindley, who saw his first game action last week against the Falcons, completed 9-of-20 passes for 64 yards in Arizona's loss in relief of John Skelton.
The decision comes as little surprise, as with Kevin Kolb still injured and Skelton ineffective, it makes sense that the coach would want to see what his sixth-round pick has to offer.
Interestingly enough, there were some who thought this was going to happen as early as training camp. Sports Illustrated's Peter King had suggested Lindley would have a shot to play by midseason, and ESPN's Ron Jaworski said back in May he believed the rookie would be a starting QB in the NFL in four years.
Looks like Lindley, who finished his collegiate career throwing for 12,690 yards with 90 touchdown passes and 47 interceptions, is a bit ahead of schedule.
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?