Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 12:36 pm
ESPN analyst could see Cardinals making a coaching change
Last season they dropped six straight.
This season? The losing skid is at six and counting.
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt's tenure in the desert started well enough, as his team won eight, nine and 10 games in his first three seasons. Arizona won the NFC West twice during that stretch and even reached the Super Bowl.
But things have gone south since Kurt Warner retired, as the offense is unable to play well enough to support a playoff-caliber defense. And given the fact that Whisenhunt is an offensive coach, one wonders how safe his job will be barring a strong finish to the 2012 season.
"In the National Football League, quite simply, you like guys, you don't like guys, whatever you feel towards a guy is irrelevant," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, "you have to win.
Jaworski said he could see the Cardinals making a change if things don't improve this season, though he would not advocate the team doing so out of respect for the men who play and coach in the NFL.
"Everyone understands the bottom line is you have to win," he said. "It's a demanding profession, and the bottom line is you've got to get it done.
"And if you don't, there's a lot of guys waiting to take that seat."
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.