Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 12:36 pm
ESPN analyst could see Cardinals making a coaching change
Last season they dropped six straight.
This season? The losing skid is at six and counting.
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt's tenure in the desert started well enough, as his team won eight, nine and 10 games in his first three seasons. Arizona won the NFC West twice during that stretch and even reached the Super Bowl.
But things have gone south since Kurt Warner retired, as the offense is unable to play well enough to support a playoff-caliber defense. And given the fact that Whisenhunt is an offensive coach, one wonders how safe his job will be barring a strong finish to the 2012 season.
"In the National Football League, quite simply, you like guys, you don't like guys, whatever you feel towards a guy is irrelevant," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, "you have to win.
Jaworski said he could see the Cardinals making a change if things don't improve this season, though he would not advocate the team doing so out of respect for the men who play and coach in the NFL.
"Everyone understands the bottom line is you have to win," he said. "It's a demanding profession, and the bottom line is you've got to get it done.
"And if you don't, there's a lot of guys waiting to take that seat."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.