Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 12:36 pm
ESPN analyst could see Cardinals making a coaching change
Last season they dropped six straight.
This season? The losing skid is at six and counting.
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt's tenure in the desert started well enough, as his team won eight, nine and 10 games in his first three seasons. Arizona won the NFC West twice during that stretch and even reached the Super Bowl.
But things have gone south since Kurt Warner retired, as the offense is unable to play well enough to support a playoff-caliber defense. And given the fact that Whisenhunt is an offensive coach, one wonders how safe his job will be barring a strong finish to the 2012 season.
"In the National Football League, quite simply, you like guys, you don't like guys, whatever you feel towards a guy is irrelevant," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, "you have to win.
Jaworski said he could see the Cardinals making a change if things don't improve this season, though he would not advocate the team doing so out of respect for the men who play and coach in the NFL.
"Everyone understands the bottom line is you have to win," he said. "It's a demanding profession, and the bottom line is you've got to get it done.
"And if you don't, there's a lot of guys waiting to take that seat."
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.