Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 10:35 am
Jeff Fisher, Rams prepare for Arizona Cardinals
This is what St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher is dealing with when it comes to the Arizona Cardinals quarterback situation.
It has not been decided if John Skelton or rookie Ryan Lindley will be the starter for this Sunday's game when the Rams and Cards meet for the second time this season.
In Arizona's 23-19 loss to the Atlanta Falcons last Sunday, Skelton completed 2-of-7 throws for six yards with no touchdowns or turnovers. Lindley followed that up going 9-of-20 for 64 yards, no touchdowns and a lost fumble.
The former Titans head coach discussed how he would deal with not knowing who the opposing quarterback would be.
"We have to prepare for their offense," said Fisher. "We have to look at the first game and what their approach was and be prepared to adjust."
The Rams earned a 17-3 victory the first time these two teams met in a Week 5 Thursday night contest. In that game, the Cardinals threw 50 passes to only 17 rushing attempts despite it being a seven-point game going into the fourth quarter.
With running back LaRod Stephens-Howling showing progress, the return of Beanie Wells and the flux at the QB position, it's fair to say the Rams will see a more balanced attack come Sunday.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.