Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 10:35 am
Jeff Fisher, Rams prepare for Arizona Cardinals
This is what St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher is dealing with when it comes to the Arizona Cardinals quarterback situation.
It has not been decided if John Skelton or rookie Ryan Lindley will be the starter for this Sunday's game when the Rams and Cards meet for the second time this season.
In Arizona's 23-19 loss to the Atlanta Falcons last Sunday, Skelton completed 2-of-7 throws for six yards with no touchdowns or turnovers. Lindley followed that up going 9-of-20 for 64 yards, no touchdowns and a lost fumble.
The former Titans head coach discussed how he would deal with not knowing who the opposing quarterback would be.
"We have to prepare for their offense," said Fisher. "We have to look at the first game and what their approach was and be prepared to adjust."
The Rams earned a 17-3 victory the first time these two teams met in a Week 5 Thursday night contest. In that game, the Cardinals threw 50 passes to only 17 rushing attempts despite it being a seven-point game going into the fourth quarter.
With running back LaRod Stephens-Howling showing progress, the return of Beanie Wells and the flux at the QB position, it's fair to say the Rams will see a more balanced attack come Sunday.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.