Updated Nov 20, 2012 - 6:16 pm
Todd Heap believes in Ryan Lindley, team's other QBs
Still, he's had a good look at what's been going on this season, including the offense's continued struggles.
Things may have come to a head last week when head coach Ken Whisenhunt benched John Skelton in favor of rookie Ryan Lindley, but the move, while shocking to some, didn't really surprise Heap.
In fact, the veteran is pretty impressed with the sixth-round pick from San Diego State.
"He's a confident guy, he's a guy that has come in and gained a grasp of the offense very quickly," Heap told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "He's got a good presence in the huddle, he's got a good presence on the field.
"He makes some tough throws."
Heap said it's tough for a quarterback to come in and play well after not receiving the starter's share of practice reps leading up to a game, and even though Lindley struggled to the tune of completing just 9-of-20 passes for 64 yards, he's confident the player has a bright future.
That's not to say Heap believes Lindley should be the team's starter going forward. The former ASU star said he still believes in Skelton and Kevin Kolb, but added it's simply a matter of making the plays that are there.
"We talk about this almost every week, it's about executing the plays that are called and getting the job done when the team's counting on you," he said. "So that's what it boils down to and you've got to do it more times than you don't."
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!