Updated Nov 19, 2012 - 2:01 pm
Beanie Wells: ‘I feel like I can run all day'
With Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams in the backfield, the Cardinals were hopeful a strong rushing attack would take pressure off the passing game.
Instead, the two have spent more time on the injured list than the field.
Now after spending the last seven games on the sidelines with a toe injury, Wells is finally returning to action this week against the St. Louis Rams.
"We are going to activate Beanie this week and I expect him to play barring something happen," Whisenhunt said.
Whisenhunt thinks that Wells's return will help jumpstart the Cardinals' struggling offense.
"I sure don't anticipate it hurting. He is a 1,000 yard running back in the NFL. He is a big guy and looks good physically in practice," Whisenhunt said. "You like to think that it can help us."
Wells said that he has been practicing for two weeks now and saw a lot of action on the scout team last week against the starting defense.
"Nothing you do can simulate the game and the physically of a football game, [but] I feel like I can run all day right now," Wells said.
Last week, LaRod Stephens-Howling delivered the best performance by a Cardinals running back this season, rushing for 127 yards and a touchdown.
"He is a real shifty guy, as you see, he can take it 50, 60 yards at any given time," Wells said. "I can come here and be that power guy and wear the defenses out for him."
Just because Wells has missed so much time this season, the Ohio State alum doesn't think that he is going to be the least bit rusty or limited coming off an injury.
"I have been playing football since I was six years old. I don't think I will forget how to play at all," Wells said. "The speed is what it is, football is football no matter where you are playing it at."
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.