Updated Nov 16, 2012 - 4:11 pm
Cardinals DC Horton knows Falcons QB presents great challenge
A huge reason for the Falcons' success and 8-1 start is quarterback Matt Ryan. Arizona defensive coordinator Ray Horton knows it will be a challenge for his players, and he talked about what makes Ryan so good.
"Accuracy and probably the word I use most after watching him, which I've never played him, is trust," Horton said Friday. "He trusts that whoever is going to be there is there. He throws guys open where when he throws the ball you're like ‘oh boy', and then all of a sudden wherever they say to be, they do so."
Ryan is fourth in the league in passer rating with a mark of 102.6, and owns a completion percentage of 68.4 this season.
According to Horton, Ryan's got all the skills a top-flight passer needs.
"Trust, his accuracy, arm strength, he can make all the throws, he can run, he gets them in the right (spot)," he said.
The Falcons' quarterback has never been successful in the postseason, but Horton doesn't think that means much.
"Probably the biggest knock on him, from what I hear, is he hasn't won a playoff game so that's why you don't talk about him like Aaron Rodgers or some other guys that have won deep into the playoffs," he said.
Ryan is also fortunate to have two of the best receivers in the game right now with Roddy White and Julio Jones. Jones did not practice this week with an ankle injury and is listed as questionable for Sunday.
- Arizona Cardinals' Bobby Massie eager to earn back starting job at right tackle
- A 'confident' Andre Ellington excited about increased role with Arizona Cardinals
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Fighting not tolerated in Cardinals camp
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.