Updated Nov 16, 2012 - 4:04 pm
Cards NT Carter getting opportunity at DE
With Calais Campbell expected to be out Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons, Carter seems confident he can fill the void.
"Moving outside to the defensive end position from nose tackle, it was a little harder for me than I thought it was going to be," Carter said. "But, I finally came around and got it and now I am doing pretty good."
Carter said he hadn't played defensive end since his freshman year at UCLA.
"I am used to making plays at nose tackle, then I got moved out to end and I wasn't making as many plays as I am used to making," Carter said. "So I had to figure it out, now I am making plays again."
Though he claims nose tackle is still "his heart," The former Bruin is starting to fall in love with his new position too.
"I'm doing pretty good at defensive end," Carter said. "I like them both now. I didn't like defensive end at first, I'm not gonna lie. I hated it, but now I like it a lot."
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.