Updated Nov 16, 2012 - 4:04 pm
Cards NT Carter getting opportunity at DE
With Calais Campbell expected to be out Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons, Carter seems confident he can fill the void.
"Moving outside to the defensive end position from nose tackle, it was a little harder for me than I thought it was going to be," Carter said. "But, I finally came around and got it and now I am doing pretty good."
Carter said he hadn't played defensive end since his freshman year at UCLA.
"I am used to making plays at nose tackle, then I got moved out to end and I wasn't making as many plays as I am used to making," Carter said. "So I had to figure it out, now I am making plays again."
Though he claims nose tackle is still "his heart," The former Bruin is starting to fall in love with his new position too.
"I'm doing pretty good at defensive end," Carter said. "I like them both now. I didn't like defensive end at first, I'm not gonna lie. I hated it, but now I like it a lot."
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.