Updated Nov 16, 2012 - 4:04 pm
Cards NT Carter getting opportunity at DE
With Calais Campbell expected to be out Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons, Carter seems confident he can fill the void.
"Moving outside to the defensive end position from nose tackle, it was a little harder for me than I thought it was going to be," Carter said. "But, I finally came around and got it and now I am doing pretty good."
Carter said he hadn't played defensive end since his freshman year at UCLA.
"I am used to making plays at nose tackle, then I got moved out to end and I wasn't making as many plays as I am used to making," Carter said. "So I had to figure it out, now I am making plays again."
Though he claims nose tackle is still "his heart," The former Bruin is starting to fall in love with his new position too.
"I'm doing pretty good at defensive end," Carter said. "I like them both now. I didn't like defensive end at first, I'm not gonna lie. I hated it, but now I like it a lot."
- Karlos Dansby attracting many suitors for his services
- Report says Andre Roberts agrees to deal with Redskins
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?