Updated Nov 16, 2012 - 10:45 am
Nate Potter: 'Every NFL game is a learning experience'
The move shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, as Potter came in early against Green Bay and held his own against Clay Matthews and the Packers' formidable pass rush.
Entering the Cardinals' lineup during a five-game losing streak, the former All-American out of Boise State will look to cement himself at the starting spot but knows he just has to concentrate on the task at hand.
"I'm just focused on doing my job. As an O-lineman you kind of want to be out of the spotlight," Potter told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "You don't want your name to be called because it's probably for a bad reason. So, my focus is on preparing for the game and trying to do what I got to do."
Potter went on to say he's taken advantage of the veterans surrounding him at practice to help get past the mental barriers that come with an NFL game.
"I learned I've still got a long ways to go," said Potter. "I learned about the importance of mental preparation and how that plays into the game. But, this is the NFL so every game is going to be a learning experience with new schemes, new people. So you've got to be ready for anything."
With the responsibility of facing a premiere pass rusher every week, Potter stressed the mental preparation that comes with being a left tackle is just as important as being physically ready.
"It's a huge side of football. It's a football intelligence part and it's all the things that go into it before the snap," said Potter. "I've still got to focus on that, got to be ready for that and make sure by game time, I eliminate those mental errors."
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!