Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 5:23 pm
ESPN analyst: Falcons not insurmountable foe for Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals are 4-5.
The Falcons won eight straight before falling in a close battle to the New Orleans Saints last week.
The Cardinals have lost five straight, having been beaten by the St. Louis Rams and Buffalo Bills, among others.
Oh, and Arizona has not won a game in Atlanta since 1993.
Yet, ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski believes that while the Falcons are good, the Cardinals can come out of this game on top.
"They're a very good football team, there is no doubt of that, but they are not an unbeatable football team," the analyst told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday.
Jaworski notes how the Falcons have some playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, especially with quarterback Matt Ryan, receivers Roddy White and Julio Jones and tight end Tony Gonzalez.
"But I think if you can match up in a physical-style of game, I still believe they're designed for the finesse game on both sides of the football," he said.
Jaworski believes the Cardinals could attack the Falcons down the field with tight end Rob Housler. It makes sense, especially since Saints tight end Jimmy Graham torched the team for 146 yards and two touchdowns on seven catches last week.
However, that would mean the Cardinals offense does something it hasn't in nearly two months: be effective.
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.