Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 5:23 pm
ESPN analyst: Falcons not insurmountable foe for Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals are 4-5.
The Falcons won eight straight before falling in a close battle to the New Orleans Saints last week.
The Cardinals have lost five straight, having been beaten by the St. Louis Rams and Buffalo Bills, among others.
Oh, and Arizona has not won a game in Atlanta since 1993.
Yet, ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski believes that while the Falcons are good, the Cardinals can come out of this game on top.
"They're a very good football team, there is no doubt of that, but they are not an unbeatable football team," the analyst told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday.
Jaworski notes how the Falcons have some playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, especially with quarterback Matt Ryan, receivers Roddy White and Julio Jones and tight end Tony Gonzalez.
"But I think if you can match up in a physical-style of game, I still believe they're designed for the finesse game on both sides of the football," he said.
Jaworski believes the Cardinals could attack the Falcons down the field with tight end Rob Housler. It makes sense, especially since Saints tight end Jimmy Graham torched the team for 146 yards and two touchdowns on seven catches last week.
However, that would mean the Cardinals offense does something it hasn't in nearly two months: be effective.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!