Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 5:23 pm
ESPN analyst: Falcons not insurmountable foe for Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals are 4-5.
The Falcons won eight straight before falling in a close battle to the New Orleans Saints last week.
The Cardinals have lost five straight, having been beaten by the St. Louis Rams and Buffalo Bills, among others.
Oh, and Arizona has not won a game in Atlanta since 1993.
Yet, ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski believes that while the Falcons are good, the Cardinals can come out of this game on top.
"They're a very good football team, there is no doubt of that, but they are not an unbeatable football team," the analyst told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday.
Jaworski notes how the Falcons have some playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, especially with quarterback Matt Ryan, receivers Roddy White and Julio Jones and tight end Tony Gonzalez.
"But I think if you can match up in a physical-style of game, I still believe they're designed for the finesse game on both sides of the football," he said.
Jaworski believes the Cardinals could attack the Falcons down the field with tight end Rob Housler. It makes sense, especially since Saints tight end Jimmy Graham torched the team for 146 yards and two touchdowns on seven catches last week.
However, that would mean the Cardinals offense does something it hasn't in nearly two months: be effective.
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.