Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 1:16 pm
Washington hopes to make it two losses for Falcons
The Falcons (8-1) are coming off their first loss of the season, a disappointing 31-27 performance against the New Orleans Saints.
The poor showing by Atlanta makes a Cardinal victory appear possible. Linebacker Daryl Washington is hopeful that his team can make the Falcons' loss more than a one-time thing.
"Hopefully it can be two consecutive losses," Washington said. "Hopefully we can go up there and get a win. It is going to be a crazy and hostile environment."
Even though the Cardinals have just one win on the road this season, it came in a nail biter against the New England Patriots.
"We can win (on the east coast). Every game is important, every game you can win it or lose it," Washington said. "What we want to do right now is just get one win, take it one win at a time."
The Cardinals have not won in Atlanta since 1993 and were thoroughly embarrassed by the Falcons during their last visit in 2008, a 41-7 blowout.
In order to get that win, Washington feels the defense needs to stay true to themselves and execute.
"We have to just stay sound in what we are doing with are technique and making plays we know we can make," Washington said. "That is all you can do as a defense. Go out there and play as hard as you can, use your technique and play discipline football."
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 27, 2014
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.