Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 1:16 pm
Washington hopes to make it two losses for Falcons
The Falcons (8-1) are coming off their first loss of the season, a disappointing 31-27 performance against the New Orleans Saints.
The poor showing by Atlanta makes a Cardinal victory appear possible. Linebacker Daryl Washington is hopeful that his team can make the Falcons' loss more than a one-time thing.
"Hopefully it can be two consecutive losses," Washington said. "Hopefully we can go up there and get a win. It is going to be a crazy and hostile environment."
Even though the Cardinals have just one win on the road this season, it came in a nail biter against the New England Patriots.
"We can win (on the east coast). Every game is important, every game you can win it or lose it," Washington said. "What we want to do right now is just get one win, take it one win at a time."
The Cardinals have not won in Atlanta since 1993 and were thoroughly embarrassed by the Falcons during their last visit in 2008, a 41-7 blowout.
In order to get that win, Washington feels the defense needs to stay true to themselves and execute.
"We have to just stay sound in what we are doing with are technique and making plays we know we can make," Washington said. "That is all you can do as a defense. Go out there and play as hard as you can, use your technique and play discipline football."
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.