How did the Arizona Cardinals spend their bye week?
While the Redbirds certainly limped into their Week 10 hiatus on the heels of a five-game losing streak, not all of their time off was spent on the practice field.
The Cardinals got back to the fundamentals this week, but after Thursday's practice the team was given the weekend off to regroup.
Since the hectic 17-week season keeps players away from their families during the holiday season, any time an extended reprieve from the field is granted, everyone jumps at the opportunity.
Here's a taste of what members of the Cardinals were doing with their respective weekends:
Defensive tackle Darnell Dockett kept tabs on some of the top-ranked teams in college football.
Boston college was not trying to beat Notre Dame!! But oh we'll!— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) November 11, 2012
Kicker Jay Feely happily played the role of cheerleader on the sidelines of his daughters' soccer games.
My girls rocked their soccer games this weekend! Awesome to be there. Abby-3 goals, Olivia-8 goalsLexi- amazing game at goalie#Proud Dad— Jay Feely (@jayfeely) November 11, 2012
Punter Dave Zastudil returned to his hometown of Cleveland to spend some quality time with family.
Starting quarterback John Skelton returned to his alma mater Fordham University. And while the Rams defeated Lafayette 36-27, Skelton admittedly missed the Arizona sun.
Back in NY... But nothing beats AZ weather this time of year. Cold and snow on the ground at JFK.— John Skelton (@johnskelton19) November 8, 2012
But leave it to Larry Fitzgerald to have the most fun-filled weekend. He spent his time off with strength coach John Lott at the happiest place on earth, Disneyland.
Spent some time today with Coach Lott and his family at Disneyland! bit.ly/SDL4Sr— Larry Fitzgerald (@LarryFitzgerald) November 10, 2012
Arizona returns to the practice field on Monday. They will travel to Atlanta next Sunday to take on an 8-1 Falcons squad.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.