Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 1:45 am
How did the Arizona Cardinals spend their bye week?
While the Redbirds certainly limped into their Week 10 hiatus on the heels of a five-game losing streak, not all of their time off was spent on the practice field.
The Cardinals got back to the fundamentals this week, but after Thursday's practice the team was given the weekend off to regroup.
Since the hectic 17-week season keeps players away from their families during the holiday season, any time an extended reprieve from the field is granted, everyone jumps at the opportunity.
Here's a taste of what members of the Cardinals were doing with their respective weekends:
Defensive tackle Darnell Dockett kept tabs on some of the top-ranked teams in college football.
Boston college was not trying to beat Notre Dame!! But oh we'll!— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) November 11, 2012
Kicker Jay Feely happily played the role of cheerleader on the sidelines of his daughters' soccer games.
My girls rocked their soccer games this weekend! Awesome to be there. Abby-3 goals, Olivia-8 goalsLexi- amazing game at goalie#Proud Dad— Jay Feely (@jayfeely) November 11, 2012
Punter Dave Zastudil returned to his hometown of Cleveland to spend some quality time with family.
Starting quarterback John Skelton returned to his alma mater Fordham University. And while the Rams defeated Lafayette 36-27, Skelton admittedly missed the Arizona sun.
Back in NY... But nothing beats AZ weather this time of year. Cold and snow on the ground at JFK.— John Skelton (@johnskelton19) November 8, 2012
But leave it to Larry Fitzgerald to have the most fun-filled weekend. He spent his time off with strength coach John Lott at the happiest place on earth, Disneyland.
Spent some time today with Coach Lott and his family at Disneyland! bit.ly/SDL4Sr— Larry Fitzgerald (@LarryFitzgerald) November 10, 2012
Arizona returns to the practice field on Monday. They will travel to Atlanta next Sunday to take on an 8-1 Falcons squad.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.