Updated Nov 8, 2012 - 10:19 am
Washington, Campbell named to Pro Football Focus' Top 51 NFL Players list
The Arizona Cardinals have certainly had their share of ups and downs so far this season. Riding a current five-game losing streak as they hit the bye week, they're definitely trending down.
But according to ProFootballFocus.com, a couple standout defenders' efforts have not gone unnoticed.
The website put out its list of the Top 51 players to this point of the National Football League season, and two Cardinals cracked the list.
Defensive end Calais Campbell earned the 36th spot on the list for his dynamic play.
Incredibly productive on every down, he's gone from a guy who generated a lot of pressure, to a player who can (and does) do it all. Regularly commands a lot of attention from offenses, but has still managed to make 24 defensive stops and bat four passes.
Campbell's teammate, inside linebacker Daryl Washington, was ranked 17th and lauded for his playmaking ability.
Washington continues to make plays for the Cardinals even if his reckless abandon style has seen him miss 11 tackles already this year. At times has struggled in coverage but his inside linebacker leading 62 tackles and eight sacks show just how much of a playmaker he is.
Both players were named to Mike Sando's midseason All-NFC West team, along with wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, earlier Wednesday.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?