Updated Nov 6, 2012 - 3:09 pm
Arizona Cardinals rookie Nate Potter looks to be next in line
Nate Potter, a seventh round pick out of Boise State last April, finally got a shot as D'Anthony Batiste's replacement Sunday in Green Bay.
Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt has said Potter "did real well" and impressed the coach.
Potter, who said he still needs to adjust to the speed of the NFL game as well as simply get stronger, just wants to keep improving.
"I've still got a lot of work to do," Potter said. "I'm glad I've improved, but you can't rest. Especially in this league you've got to keep getting better."
According to ProFootballFocus.com, Potter did not allow a sack Sunday but did surrender one QB hit and five QB hurries.
All-in-all it was not a bad performance for a player receiving his first significant playing time, though he said his performance Sunday was "decent, not good."
The 24-year-old admitted he was a bit surprised to be called on when he was in the game, but now that it appears he'll be a part of the team's offensive line plans going forward, he understands any flak the group receives will now fall on him, too.
"That just goes with the territory of being an offensive lineman," he said. "You just kind of roll with it.
"We're a tight group. We know we've got to get better, we've got to improve, but we've got each other's back."
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.