Updated Nov 6, 2012 - 3:09 pm
Arizona Cardinals rookie Nate Potter looks to be next in line
Nate Potter, a seventh round pick out of Boise State last April, finally got a shot as D'Anthony Batiste's replacement Sunday in Green Bay.
Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt has said Potter "did real well" and impressed the coach.
Potter, who said he still needs to adjust to the speed of the NFL game as well as simply get stronger, just wants to keep improving.
"I've still got a lot of work to do," Potter said. "I'm glad I've improved, but you can't rest. Especially in this league you've got to keep getting better."
According to ProFootballFocus.com, Potter did not allow a sack Sunday but did surrender one QB hit and five QB hurries.
All-in-all it was not a bad performance for a player receiving his first significant playing time, though he said his performance Sunday was "decent, not good."
The 24-year-old admitted he was a bit surprised to be called on when he was in the game, but now that it appears he'll be a part of the team's offensive line plans going forward, he understands any flak the group receives will now fall on him, too.
"That just goes with the territory of being an offensive lineman," he said. "You just kind of roll with it.
"We're a tight group. We know we've got to get better, we've got to improve, but we've got each other's back."
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.