Updated Nov 5, 2012 - 6:03 pm
Whisenhunt: 'We are going to get back to winning'
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt has the tough task of getting a team that has lost five straight games back on track.
He spoke with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday and seems confident that his squad will return to winning form.
"We are going to look at making some changes if we have to do that so we can cut out some of these little mistakes that are keeping us from winning a game," Whisenhunt told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "We are going to get back to winning."
With such a late bye week, Whisenhunt feels that he has a big enough sample size to diagnose the Cardinals' ailments.
"I think that when you look at the nine games that we have played, you now have a set of plays or a set of enough games that you can evaluate where your team is and look at what you can do to correct it," Whisenhunt said.
Last week, Whisenhunt replaced starting left tackle D'Anthony Batiste with rookie Nate Potter, and it appears as if he will be moving forward with that decision. The move might be a sign of many more things to come as he re-evaluates his team this week.
"I think we are going to use this week to really look hard at what we are doing and how we are doing it and the guys we are doing it with," Whisenhunt said. "We are going to look to put the best team on the field moving forward."
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!