Updated Nov 5, 2012 - 6:03 pm
Whisenhunt: 'We are going to get back to winning'
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt has the tough task of getting a team that has lost five straight games back on track.
He spoke with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday and seems confident that his squad will return to winning form.
"We are going to look at making some changes if we have to do that so we can cut out some of these little mistakes that are keeping us from winning a game," Whisenhunt told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "We are going to get back to winning."
With such a late bye week, Whisenhunt feels that he has a big enough sample size to diagnose the Cardinals' ailments.
"I think that when you look at the nine games that we have played, you now have a set of plays or a set of enough games that you can evaluate where your team is and look at what you can do to correct it," Whisenhunt said.
Last week, Whisenhunt replaced starting left tackle D'Anthony Batiste with rookie Nate Potter, and it appears as if he will be moving forward with that decision. The move might be a sign of many more things to come as he re-evaluates his team this week.
"I think we are going to use this week to really look hard at what we are doing and how we are doing it and the guys we are doing it with," Whisenhunt said. "We are going to look to put the best team on the field moving forward."
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?