Updated Oct 30, 2012 - 10:43 am
Arizona Cardinals DE Dockett questions teammates who did not play
Now 4-4, the team has slid into second place, and with a pair of tough road games on the docket it seems as if their losing skid will not come to a halt any time soon.
Frustration is certainly beginning to mount, and Arizona defensive lineman Darnell Dockett spoke after Monday nights' 24-3 loss about some of the players who were not on the field in what many viewed as a must-win game.
"Coach called out a lot of things [Monday] that I obviously wanted to say to some guys," Dockett said. "He called out some guys in the training room that we need on the field. We need them."
Among those who were inactive Monday night are tight end Todd Heap, who missed his sixth straight game due to a knee injury, and defensive back Greg Toler, who was out with a hamstring issue.
Guard Adam Snyder also missed the game, as he is dealing with a quadricep injury.
To be fair to both Dockett and the team's walking wounded, the player did not call anyone out by name and it would not be right to speculate who he (or Whisenhunt) were talking about. No matter what, though, things might need to change if the Cardinals are going to right the ship.
"We've got one more game before this bye week, and we've got to do whatever we have to do to win this game," Dockett said. "By all means necessary.
"So we're going to need some guys to suck it up to win this game, and they've got a whole week off. So hopefully that message rings a bell to a lot of players."
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Arizona Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein to miss 3 weeks after suffering calf injury
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b