Updated Oct 21, 2012 - 9:56 am
Report: Cardinals to try out Vince Young on Tuesday
Even if that help comes in the form of much-maligned veteran quarterback Vince Young.
According to Lindy's Sports, Arizona will bring Young in for a tryout on Tuesday.
Young, who was previously cut by the Buffalo Bills during training camp, last played for the Philadelphia Eagles in 2011. Primarily serving as Michael Vick's backup, Young threw for 866 yards, four touchdowns and nine interceptions in six games.
Since being cut by the Bills back in August, the two-time Pro Bowler has reportedly been working out with quarterback guru George Whitfield Jr.
For his career, the multifaceted quarterback has thrown for 8,964 yards and 46 touchdowns, while also running for 1,459 yards and 12 touchdowns.
He was selected as the No. 3 overall pick by the Titans in 2006, after leading Texas to a spectacular National Championship victory over Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush and the USC Trojans, but was forced out in 2010 after an up-and-down relationship with head coach Jeff Fisher.
But in addition to his recent on-field woes, Young also appears to be in the midst of some financial trouble off it.
Young is currently suing his former agent and financial planner, and the Associated Press reported last month he is currently dealing with mounting debt.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?