Updated Oct 21, 2012 - 9:56 am
Report: Cardinals to try out Vince Young on Tuesday
Even if that help comes in the form of much-maligned veteran quarterback Vince Young.
According to Lindy's Sports, Arizona will bring Young in for a tryout on Tuesday.
Young, who was previously cut by the Buffalo Bills during training camp, last played for the Philadelphia Eagles in 2011. Primarily serving as Michael Vick's backup, Young threw for 866 yards, four touchdowns and nine interceptions in six games.
Since being cut by the Bills back in August, the two-time Pro Bowler has reportedly been working out with quarterback guru George Whitfield Jr.
For his career, the multifaceted quarterback has thrown for 8,964 yards and 46 touchdowns, while also running for 1,459 yards and 12 touchdowns.
He was selected as the No. 3 overall pick by the Titans in 2006, after leading Texas to a spectacular National Championship victory over Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush and the USC Trojans, but was forced out in 2010 after an up-and-down relationship with head coach Jeff Fisher.
But in addition to his recent on-field woes, Young also appears to be in the midst of some financial trouble off it.
Young is currently suing his former agent and financial planner, and the Associated Press reported last month he is currently dealing with mounting debt.
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?