Updated Oct 19, 2012 - 8:37 am
USA Today ranks Kevin Kolb among most overpaid athletes
Sunday, he left Arizona's 19-16 loss to Buffalo late in the fourth quarter after falling awkwardly on his ribs and sternum.
Tuesday, it was announced the second-year starter would miss multiple weeks after an MRI revealed that during his awkward fall, not only were multiple ribs detached from his sternum, but he also suffered a sprained sternoclavicular joint in his chest area.
As if his second prolonged absence from the field in as many years -- suffered a concussion against San Francisco on Dec. 4 -- wasn't enough, USA Today didn't mind adding insult to injury Friday.
The national daily newspaper revealed their annual ranking of the most overpaid athletes , and not surprisingly the sixth-year pro found himself on the list.
Kevin Kolb, QB, Arizona Cardinals -- Under contract until: 2016 -- Signed five-year, $65 million deal in 2011. Some bad deals you can't see coming. This was not one of them.
Kolb was acquired back in July 2011, when the Cardinals sent a 2nd round draft pick and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to the Eagles. In Philadelphia, Kolb had only seven career starts to his name to go along with 2,082 yards passing, 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
During his short stint with the Cardinals, Kolb has started 14 of 22 games, while throwing 17 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
Joining Kolb on USA Today's overpaid list are former teammate Michael Vick, former Sun Amar'e Stoudemire, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Sanchez, Barry Zito, Andre Biedrins, Dennis Wideman, Wade Redden, Mario Williams and Alfonso Soriano.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.