Arizona Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb has confidence in running backs
The Cardinals head into Week 6 of the NFL season with a little less depth at the running back position than when they started in 2012. Both Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams are out for the long haul. Wells was put on the injured reserve/designated to return list until November 25th and Ryan Williams is out for the season with a shoulder injury.
Starting quarterback Kevin Kolb knows not having Williams will hurt the team but still has confidence in his remaining running backs.
"We knew in camp that we had a lot of guys that could compete at that position. That was going to be one that was going to be tough to make some decisions at and now everybody's getting a shot," Kolb said. "So everybody gets a chance to show what they have."
The Cardinals will turn to LaRod Stephens-Howling, William Powell and Alfonso Smith. Stephens-Howling is returning from a hip injury, Powell was impressive in the preseason and Smith was cut from the team but resigned a couple weeks ago.
"Well we have faith in whoever's back there," Kolb said. "It is a big blow to lose [Williams], especially somebody you see gaining confidence each game but again, we have confidence in the rest of the guys."
If these running backs want to take advantage of their moment in the spotlight, this week against the Bills would be the time to do it. The Buffalo defense allowed 621 total yards against the 49ers last week, including 311 on the ground.
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br