Kurt Warner: ‘Get Number 11 the ball'
After quarterback John Skelton was injured in Week 1, Kevin Kolb has stepped in and the Cardinals find themselves ranked 30th in total offense, averaging just 249 yards per game.
Former Cardinals quarterback and current NFL analyst Kurt Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf what he thinks the offense needs to do to get going.
"They have to get number 11 (Larry Fitzgerald) the ball," Warner said. "This team and the way they are built, 11 has got to get more targets and has got to get the ball."
Warner referred to Fitzgerald as the team's "dynamic guy" and he feels that the coaches and Kolb need to "design things to get him the ball."
He said that outside of Fitzgerald, the wide receiver and tight end positions have struggled to win consistently.
"Until they get that (consistency), I think it is going to be very, very difficult in the passing game because teams will try to take Larry out of the game, like they have the two weeks," Warner said.
Tight end Todd Heap has been strong this season, hauling in eight receptions for 94 yards. However, it hasn't seemed to take away any of the defense's attention from Fitzgerald yet.
"Can this offense make plays, be consistent and score points without having number 11 involved," asked Warner. "I'm not sure. That's my big question with this offense. How they can generate that and how Kevin can utilize those other players moving through the season?"
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.