Updated Sep 21, 2012 - 5:52 pm
Kurt Warner: ‘Get Number 11 the ball'
After quarterback John Skelton was injured in Week 1, Kevin Kolb has stepped in and the Cardinals find themselves ranked 30th in total offense, averaging just 249 yards per game.
Former Cardinals quarterback and current NFL analyst Kurt Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf what he thinks the offense needs to do to get going.
"They have to get number 11 (Larry Fitzgerald) the ball," Warner said. "This team and the way they are built, 11 has got to get more targets and has got to get the ball."
Warner referred to Fitzgerald as the team's "dynamic guy" and he feels that the coaches and Kolb need to "design things to get him the ball."
He said that outside of Fitzgerald, the wide receiver and tight end positions have struggled to win consistently.
"Until they get that (consistency), I think it is going to be very, very difficult in the passing game because teams will try to take Larry out of the game, like they have the two weeks," Warner said.
Tight end Todd Heap has been strong this season, hauling in eight receptions for 94 yards. However, it hasn't seemed to take away any of the defense's attention from Fitzgerald yet.
"Can this offense make plays, be consistent and score points without having number 11 involved," asked Warner. "I'm not sure. That's my big question with this offense. How they can generate that and how Kevin can utilize those other players moving through the season?"
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.