Updated Sep 21, 2012 - 5:52 pm
Kurt Warner: ‘Get Number 11 the ball'
After quarterback John Skelton was injured in Week 1, Kevin Kolb has stepped in and the Cardinals find themselves ranked 30th in total offense, averaging just 249 yards per game.
Former Cardinals quarterback and current NFL analyst Kurt Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf what he thinks the offense needs to do to get going.
"They have to get number 11 (Larry Fitzgerald) the ball," Warner said. "This team and the way they are built, 11 has got to get more targets and has got to get the ball."
Warner referred to Fitzgerald as the team's "dynamic guy" and he feels that the coaches and Kolb need to "design things to get him the ball."
He said that outside of Fitzgerald, the wide receiver and tight end positions have struggled to win consistently.
"Until they get that (consistency), I think it is going to be very, very difficult in the passing game because teams will try to take Larry out of the game, like they have the two weeks," Warner said.
Tight end Todd Heap has been strong this season, hauling in eight receptions for 94 yards. However, it hasn't seemed to take away any of the defense's attention from Fitzgerald yet.
"Can this offense make plays, be consistent and score points without having number 11 involved," asked Warner. "I'm not sure. That's my big question with this offense. How they can generate that and how Kevin can utilize those other players moving through the season?"
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?