Updated Sep 21, 2012 - 5:52 pm
Kurt Warner: ‘Get Number 11 the ball'
After quarterback John Skelton was injured in Week 1, Kevin Kolb has stepped in and the Cardinals find themselves ranked 30th in total offense, averaging just 249 yards per game.
Former Cardinals quarterback and current NFL analyst Kurt Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf what he thinks the offense needs to do to get going.
"They have to get number 11 (Larry Fitzgerald) the ball," Warner said. "This team and the way they are built, 11 has got to get more targets and has got to get the ball."
Warner referred to Fitzgerald as the team's "dynamic guy" and he feels that the coaches and Kolb need to "design things to get him the ball."
He said that outside of Fitzgerald, the wide receiver and tight end positions have struggled to win consistently.
"Until they get that (consistency), I think it is going to be very, very difficult in the passing game because teams will try to take Larry out of the game, like they have the two weeks," Warner said.
Tight end Todd Heap has been strong this season, hauling in eight receptions for 94 yards. However, it hasn't seemed to take away any of the defense's attention from Fitzgerald yet.
"Can this offense make plays, be consistent and score points without having number 11 involved," asked Warner. "I'm not sure. That's my big question with this offense. How they can generate that and how Kevin can utilize those other players moving through the season?"
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?