Pete Carroll brings his team to the desert to for a Week 1 matchup and the Seahawks, not unlike the Cardinals, will be starting a quarterback many expected to be holding a clipboard this week.
So it will be the John Skelton vs. Russell Wilson show at University of Phoenix Stadium, and we'll have all the coverage you could want from the Seattle side in the week leading up to the game.
Friday, September 7
The undefeated preseason was just the dress rehearsal. On Sunday, rookie quarterback Russell Wilson will take the stage for the real show, starting in football's most important position as a young, short and, well, exciting figurehead of Seattle's offense.
Russell Wilson knows how to wear the position.
He's shown that since he arrived in Seattle as a third-round pick in April and progressed to becoming an NFL starter without ever so much as breaking a sweat in front of the cameras, questions and scrutiny that have constituted his NFL orientation.
Marshawn Lynch. Another day another chapter in the will-he-play saga of the Seahawks' leading rusher as the team continues to prepare for Sunday's regular-season opener against the Cardinals in Arizona.
The Seattle Seahawks guard has been cleared to return to practice and was back at work this week as he gets re-acclimated to playing football once again after a devastating knee injury in practice ended his rookie season.
Thursday, September 6
The Seahawks signed Jason Jones and drafted Bruce Irvin to improve a pass rush that generated just 33 sacks last season.
The Cardinals, meanwhile, are starting backups at both offensive tackle spots due to season-ending injuries to their starters.
Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch did not practice Wednesday, underscoring the uncertainty of his status after suffering back spasms last month.
The Seahawks and Cardinals have spent three years searching for the same thing.
A week ago, the Seahawks were shaping up to be an exciting, fresh and talented team that could very well surprise the nation and make a run in the playoffs. Seattle's defense was unflappable, the passing game was effectual and the running backs were unstoppable.
Wednesday, September 5
The surprising release of Kellen Winslow on Saturday leaves Seattle adapting to the loss of a proven pass catching option at a position where they struggled to find production a season ago.
The Seahawks 2012 season starts where last season ended: in Arizona. Here's a look at where the two teams finished in the league's main statistical categories in 2011:
Turbin gave a glimpse of what he can do in the third exhibition game when he rushed 14 times for 93 yards. More than have those yards were gained in the first series of the third quarter when Turbin carried three times, gaining 8 then 17 and then 25 yards at a time when a good chunk of Kansas City's starters were still in the game.
"He took a real good turn this week," Carroll said Wednesday. "And the rehab that he has been doing has really been effective so we think he's going to be fine."
Tuesday, September 4
Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch has experienced back spasms and the team is uncertain whether he'll be able to play Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals.
Receiver Golden Tate left Thursday's exhibition finale with an injury to his right knee, and he did not practice Monday when the team returned to work.
The Arizona Cardinals went with the 6-foot-6 John Skelton. No current starter is taller. The Seattle Seahawks went with the 5-foot-11 Russell Wilson. No current starter is shorter.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.