Updated Aug 1, 2012 - 5:44 pm
Bridges knows starting job is his -- for now
The offensive lineman is about to enter his 10th NFL season, and does so having entered camp as the number one right tackle on the depth chart.
The 32-year-old knows that isn't really meant to last, but is perfectly fine with the arrangement.
"I really don't worry about the whole competition thing," Bridges told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday. "The decision is going to be made upstairs whether you like them or not."
Sooner or later Bridges will hopefully give way to rookie Bobby Massie, who was selected with the hopes that he would at some point ascend to the starting right tackle role.
And as it goes in the NFL, it's Bridges' job to make sure that happens.
"If he needs any help I'll tell him everything he needs to know," Bridges said.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink kind of thing," he said.
It's only a matter of time before Massie is taking big gulps rather than small sips. Until then, it's Bridges' right tackle job, and he's going to hold onto it as long as possible.
"All I can do is go out and be as perfect as I can as an offensive lineman," Bridges said. "I do everything I'm asked to do when I'm asked to do it, and just play my game."
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.