Updated Aug 1, 2012 - 5:44 pm
Bridges knows starting job is his -- for now
The offensive lineman is about to enter his 10th NFL season, and does so having entered camp as the number one right tackle on the depth chart.
The 32-year-old knows that isn't really meant to last, but is perfectly fine with the arrangement.
"I really don't worry about the whole competition thing," Bridges told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday. "The decision is going to be made upstairs whether you like them or not."
Sooner or later Bridges will hopefully give way to rookie Bobby Massie, who was selected with the hopes that he would at some point ascend to the starting right tackle role.
And as it goes in the NFL, it's Bridges' job to make sure that happens.
"If he needs any help I'll tell him everything he needs to know," Bridges said.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink kind of thing," he said.
It's only a matter of time before Massie is taking big gulps rather than small sips. Until then, it's Bridges' right tackle job, and he's going to hold onto it as long as possible.
"All I can do is go out and be as perfect as I can as an offensive lineman," Bridges said. "I do everything I'm asked to do when I'm asked to do it, and just play my game."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.