Updated Aug 1, 2012 - 5:44 pm
Bridges knows starting job is his -- for now
The offensive lineman is about to enter his 10th NFL season, and does so having entered camp as the number one right tackle on the depth chart.
The 32-year-old knows that isn't really meant to last, but is perfectly fine with the arrangement.
"I really don't worry about the whole competition thing," Bridges told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday. "The decision is going to be made upstairs whether you like them or not."
Sooner or later Bridges will hopefully give way to rookie Bobby Massie, who was selected with the hopes that he would at some point ascend to the starting right tackle role.
And as it goes in the NFL, it's Bridges' job to make sure that happens.
"If he needs any help I'll tell him everything he needs to know," Bridges said.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink kind of thing," he said.
It's only a matter of time before Massie is taking big gulps rather than small sips. Until then, it's Bridges' right tackle job, and he's going to hold onto it as long as possible.
"All I can do is go out and be as perfect as I can as an offensive lineman," Bridges said. "I do everything I'm asked to do when I'm asked to do it, and just play my game."
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials