Updated May 30, 2012 - 7:15 pm
Cardinals assistant Russ Grimm 'proud' of his son
Super Bowl champion. Hall of Famer. Cardinals assistant head coach.
But most importantly, he's a father, a proud father.
Grimm took a brief timeout from OTAs to travel back east to watch his son, Dylan, help Loyola University win it's first-ever NCAA men's lacrosse national championship.
"It's always great when you can sit back and watch your kids play," he said Wednesday after returning from Foxborough, Massachusetts where Loyola defeated Maryland, 9-3.
"The season they had---they weren't even ranked in the Top 20 [to begin the year]. They had a good run. They got some good players, good chemistry on that team."
Dylan Grimm played defense for Loyola and as a senior was voted a co-captain by his teammates.
"It's a good way to end your college career," said the former Washington Redskins All-Pro. "I got to go to four of the games this year. It was exciting."
Two years ago, Grimm---who is entering his sixth season with the Cardinals, was on the opposite sideline of his second eldest son, Buccaneers defensive back Cody, when Arizona hosted Tampa Bay. Then Monday, Grimm was in the stands to see Dylan win the lacrosse championship.
"I mean it makes you proud," said Grimm. "But it's a 50- 50 thing because it makes you proud that you're seeing your kids play at that level but then again the other part of it is means I'm getting a helluva lot older."
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b