Updated May 30, 2012 - 7:15 pm
Cardinals assistant Russ Grimm 'proud' of his son
Super Bowl champion. Hall of Famer. Cardinals assistant head coach.
But most importantly, he's a father, a proud father.
Grimm took a brief timeout from OTAs to travel back east to watch his son, Dylan, help Loyola University win it's first-ever NCAA men's lacrosse national championship.
"It's always great when you can sit back and watch your kids play," he said Wednesday after returning from Foxborough, Massachusetts where Loyola defeated Maryland, 9-3.
"The season they had---they weren't even ranked in the Top 20 [to begin the year]. They had a good run. They got some good players, good chemistry on that team."
Dylan Grimm played defense for Loyola and as a senior was voted a co-captain by his teammates.
"It's a good way to end your college career," said the former Washington Redskins All-Pro. "I got to go to four of the games this year. It was exciting."
Two years ago, Grimm---who is entering his sixth season with the Cardinals, was on the opposite sideline of his second eldest son, Buccaneers defensive back Cody, when Arizona hosted Tampa Bay. Then Monday, Grimm was in the stands to see Dylan win the lacrosse championship.
"I mean it makes you proud," said Grimm. "But it's a 50- 50 thing because it makes you proud that you're seeing your kids play at that level but then again the other part of it is means I'm getting a helluva lot older."
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?