Updated May 30, 2012 - 7:15 pm
Cardinals assistant Russ Grimm 'proud' of his son
Super Bowl champion. Hall of Famer. Cardinals assistant head coach.
But most importantly, he's a father, a proud father.
Grimm took a brief timeout from OTAs to travel back east to watch his son, Dylan, help Loyola University win it's first-ever NCAA men's lacrosse national championship.
"It's always great when you can sit back and watch your kids play," he said Wednesday after returning from Foxborough, Massachusetts where Loyola defeated Maryland, 9-3.
"The season they had---they weren't even ranked in the Top 20 [to begin the year]. They had a good run. They got some good players, good chemistry on that team."
Dylan Grimm played defense for Loyola and as a senior was voted a co-captain by his teammates.
"It's a good way to end your college career," said the former Washington Redskins All-Pro. "I got to go to four of the games this year. It was exciting."
Two years ago, Grimm---who is entering his sixth season with the Cardinals, was on the opposite sideline of his second eldest son, Buccaneers defensive back Cody, when Arizona hosted Tampa Bay. Then Monday, Grimm was in the stands to see Dylan win the lacrosse championship.
"I mean it makes you proud," said Grimm. "But it's a 50- 50 thing because it makes you proud that you're seeing your kids play at that level but then again the other part of it is means I'm getting a helluva lot older."
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!