Updated May 30, 2012 - 7:15 pm
Cardinals assistant Russ Grimm 'proud' of his son
Super Bowl champion. Hall of Famer. Cardinals assistant head coach.
But most importantly, he's a father, a proud father.
Grimm took a brief timeout from OTAs to travel back east to watch his son, Dylan, help Loyola University win it's first-ever NCAA men's lacrosse national championship.
"It's always great when you can sit back and watch your kids play," he said Wednesday after returning from Foxborough, Massachusetts where Loyola defeated Maryland, 9-3.
"The season they had---they weren't even ranked in the Top 20 [to begin the year]. They had a good run. They got some good players, good chemistry on that team."
Dylan Grimm played defense for Loyola and as a senior was voted a co-captain by his teammates.
"It's a good way to end your college career," said the former Washington Redskins All-Pro. "I got to go to four of the games this year. It was exciting."
Two years ago, Grimm---who is entering his sixth season with the Cardinals, was on the opposite sideline of his second eldest son, Buccaneers defensive back Cody, when Arizona hosted Tampa Bay. Then Monday, Grimm was in the stands to see Dylan win the lacrosse championship.
"I mean it makes you proud," said Grimm. "But it's a 50- 50 thing because it makes you proud that you're seeing your kids play at that level but then again the other part of it is means I'm getting a helluva lot older."
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?