Updated May 30, 2012 - 7:15 pm
Cardinals assistant Russ Grimm 'proud' of his son
Super Bowl champion. Hall of Famer. Cardinals assistant head coach.
But most importantly, he's a father, a proud father.
Grimm took a brief timeout from OTAs to travel back east to watch his son, Dylan, help Loyola University win it's first-ever NCAA men's lacrosse national championship.
"It's always great when you can sit back and watch your kids play," he said Wednesday after returning from Foxborough, Massachusetts where Loyola defeated Maryland, 9-3.
"The season they had---they weren't even ranked in the Top 20 [to begin the year]. They had a good run. They got some good players, good chemistry on that team."
Dylan Grimm played defense for Loyola and as a senior was voted a co-captain by his teammates.
"It's a good way to end your college career," said the former Washington Redskins All-Pro. "I got to go to four of the games this year. It was exciting."
Two years ago, Grimm---who is entering his sixth season with the Cardinals, was on the opposite sideline of his second eldest son, Buccaneers defensive back Cody, when Arizona hosted Tampa Bay. Then Monday, Grimm was in the stands to see Dylan win the lacrosse championship.
"I mean it makes you proud," said Grimm. "But it's a 50- 50 thing because it makes you proud that you're seeing your kids play at that level but then again the other part of it is means I'm getting a helluva lot older."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.