Bobby Massie is 'the prototypical right tackle'
Bobby Massie, who they selected out of Mississippi, was projected to go as high as the second round. That he fell to the Cardinals in the fourth is a gift the team was happy to receive.
"You don't find 6'6", 325 lb lineman with athleticism and long arms growing on trees," newly-appointed Vice President of Player Personnel Steve Keim told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "We were fortunate to find that he was still available at pick 112."
The offensive line has long been a concern for the team, and many were shocked they didn't address the position early in the draft.
The Cardinals instead kept true to their draft board, landing them players like Michael Floyd and Jamell Fleming prior to nabbing Massie.
But, if the tackle is as good as the team thinks he can be, they'll have themselves a bookend for many years to come, possibly even at left tackle -- but that would be down the road.
"He certainly has the mobility and the movement skills that rival many of the offensive tackles that I've seen play on the left side at our level," Keim said. "So I certainly wouldn't count it out, but I think to bring him in right away, he's the prototypical right tackle.
"He's long, he engulfs people at the point, he's got a degree of explosiveness through his hips. He's a fun guy to watch."
The Cardinals may be banking on watching Massie play this season, as there's a good chance he'll be needed to replace former right tackle Brandon Keith.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.