Updated Mar 9, 2012 - 12:10 pm
Report: Manning visit to Arizona looming
ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed a Denver Post report, former four-time MVP quarterback will be making the rounds to meet with potential future employers, starting with John Elway and the Denver Broncos Friday night.
The long-time heralded leader of the Indianapolis Colts' offense has Arizona at the top of his travel list, as well.
One NFL source said Manning will also visit the Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins after visiting with the Broncos. A source said Manning would like to make a decision by Tuesday, the first day of free agency
This report is positive news for the Cardinals, who appear to be a serious contender in the Manning sweepstakes. The 14-year veteran quarterback has been cleared by his neck specialist and has seemingly made great strides in his recovery over the past few weeks.
The Colts officially parted ways with Manning when they announced Wednesday at a press conference in Indianapolis their plans to release him.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.